"The most accurate measure of courage is Vulnerability." (Brene Brown)
How to Live the Power of Vulnerability is choosing safe connection rather than safe distance in our relationships. With loneliness now at epidemic levels in the Western world, courage to connect is one of our greatest social needs.
For connection to happen, we must be vulnerable. This doesn't mean we have to wear our heart on our sleeve. Vulnerability without boundaries is fear and anxiety. So what is then vulnerability and how do we do connection?
WHAT IS THIS?
How to Live the Power of Vulnerability is a 2.5hour e-Course you can do in your own time, at your own pace!
It is the first and popular module in the Living Courage series and our first foundation stone of building courage as a life style. Living Courage is a training series consisting of 4 modules.
While each module can stand alone and be done as an individual course. The Living Courage series is designed to build onto each other creating a deeper more comprehensive understanding and development of the skills and lifestyle of courage.
WHO'S THIS FOR?
~ Anyone who wants more freedom personally or greater opportunities for work place advancement
~ Leadership - essential Professional Development for anyone in Business, HealthCare, Education, Life Coaching or Faith Communities
~ Parents - having used this material in our family, it’s transformed how we do life and fun together
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
1. What vulnerability is and what it is not, and why it is critical to every aspect of our life personally and professionally
2. The power of connection as a core value for family life, business life, classrooms and faith communities
3. The importance God puts on connection and how it is at the heart of everything He does and invites us into
4. Skills in vulnerability
WHAT YOU WILL GET?
The objective of this course is to equip you with:
1. A greater Self-Awareness of vulnerability
2. Successfully increasing your confidence and skill in offering and receiving vulnerability
3. More confident in your decisions, faith, leadership, parenting and workplace relationships.
4. By the end of this course, you will have a clear understanding of vulnerability and courage, what is required and how to maintain movement, courage and breakthrough in your life and destiny.
5. Engaging short videos interspersed with self evaluation tasks supported by downloadable practical exercises and other resources to help you revise and consolidate the learning. This course is based on a set of learnable skills. It is Biblically based and backed up by a huge body of research.
6. Developing skills in vulnerability with the goal of connection that can be applied to your personal and professional life.
WHERE DOES THIS FIT WITH FAITH and WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
The Bible is an account of a God who has stopped at nothing to get connection back with us. The centre piece of this story is vulnerability. The choice Jesus made to become human, was a choice for vulnerability. Jesus valued vulnerability and did vulnerability. His humanity was intrinsically tied to it. He knew full well the risk, uncertainty and emotional exposure of showing up as He was, the Son of God!
I don't believe we are going to move forward without having a strong value and committment to vulnerability. It is our way home to authenticity. Vulnerability and connection at the heart of the Gospel of Jesus. Not only does our faith hinge on vulnerability, but we are not going to build strong healthy counter culture faith communities without it.
This course features easily learned elements supported by engaging stories and practical exercises, all clearly explained by Helen Goatley, Instructor and Consultant.
Helen’s work is based on over 20 years experience of helping and inspiring people in many different settings and cultures internationally.
Living Courage is sourced from Anthropological and Sociological research. This is a training course, not a Counselling course, though it can be helpful for anyone in Life Coaching and the Health Care Sector.
If during this course you come into a deeper awareness of your life journey. We encourage you to courageously seek out the professional help you need to succeed further and bravely own your story and destiny. People who do this are heroes and champions.
What's OK and What is not OK?
It is OK to do this course and use all worksheets with others in your Leadership or Staffing teams, friendship groups or Church groups. We ask that each group member pay for the course themselves. We live by a core value of honor and this is a way to honor the work of the Author and yourself as a learner. We value what we sacrifice for. For me, this is a means of income and a way of supporting the work so I can continue in it. Share, learn, grow and change the world you live in!
It is NOT OK to use any part of this course or it's materials for commercial use. You can not sell it, sell training based on it or create a website redistributing this course or any material from it.
If you are interested in going after more, consider doing another course in this Living Courage Series or our Experiencing the Presence of God Series. Professional Consultations are also available by contacting Helen
- Vulnerability can be fun - Hilarious Ad for Sale of Van
- Made for Connection and Vulnerability - Exciting discoveries in Medical Science and how Physiologically we are made for Connection
- Exercise #1 Video - God, Connection and Vulnerability: Central theme in the Bible
- Exercise #1 Details - God, Connection and Vulnerability: Central theme in the Bible
- Exercise #1 Video Answers
- Exercise #1 Answers Continued
- What is Vulnerability and Identifying how Vulnerability works with You
- Exercise #2 Video - What is Vulnerability to you?
- Exercise #2 - Vulnerability Feels like..
- Exercise #3 Video - Appreciating Your Lens of Vulnerability
- Exercise #3 - Appreciating Your Lens of Vulnerability
- Vulnerability Sounds - Identifying some of your Vulnerability words and phrases and Vulnerability in the Work place
Instructor, Founder, Speaker and Consultant
About the instructor
Helen Goatley B.A. Dip Ed. Dip Theol
is a dynamic thought provoking keynote speaker and trainer. Helen brings enormous International experience and years of equipping people for their destiny and to a greater connection with God.
* Helen along with her husband Mark, are the Founders and Directors of All4Him The Tabernacle, an International Christian Ministry. They provide Professional Development for Leaders, Christian Communities and organisations. Helen has lived and founded this organisation in Europe, USA and Australia.
* Helen is the Author and Instructor of the well sort after Living Courage Series, Creating Great Relationships Series and Experiencing the Presence of God Series.
* Helen provides Professional Development training in the Christian, Education and Business sectors.
* Helen has been in full time Christian Ministry for over 20 years, working with Wycliffe Bible Translators, YWAM and All4Him The Tabernacle.
* Prior to this, Helen was a Teacher and Chaplin. She brings experience and training in Education, Anthropology and Leadership. Helen has also studied under Dr Brene Brown of University of Houston, USA where she completed Dr Brown's Living Brave Semester, The Wisdom of Story and Self-Compassion Curriculum. Helen has also completed Dare to Lead and Daring Classrooms Curriculum.
* Helen enjoys painting, snow shoeing and music.
What others have been saying about this course:
Very good quality Production and Content
I am amazed at the professionalism and quality of this. So Good! The content is great and practical, especially relevant as I run my own business. Vulnerability didn't link with words like fun and courage for me before but now they do. I feel ...