The World has changed dramatically and quickly, and most people don't understand it. Yet they are being hugely influenced by it. Every sphere of life has been impacted. A culture of shame has found us.
Courage is no longer an option. Make it a lifestyle!
WHAT IS THIS?
Building Powerful Shame and Honor Resilience is a 2.5hour e-Course you can do in your own time, at your own pace!
This e-course is the third and perhaps most life changing module in the Living Courage series. Living Courage is a training series consisting of 4 modules.
WHO'S THIS FOR?
~ Anyone who wants more freedom personally or greater opportunities for work place advancement
~ Leadership - essential Professional Development for anyone in Business, HealthCare, Education, Life Coaching or Faith Communities
~ Parents - having used this material in our family, it’s transformed how we do life and fun together
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
1. What is shame and the culture it creates. We examine why this is such an important topic
2. How we can change our mindsets, experience and culture through honor and empathy.
3. Skills to build powerful resilience
4. More about the powerful grace of God and who you are in Jesus
WHAT YOU WILL GET?
The objective of this course is to equip you with:
1. A greater self awareness of this "Master Emotion" called shame
2. Strategies to navigate the shame culture we now live in, regardless of occupation or life stage
3. Breakthrough in freedom with shame and develop skills in maintaining that freedom, movement and courage
4. Successfully increasing your confidence and skill in resilience with shame and honor
5. More confident in your decisions, faith, leadership, parenting and workplace relationships.
6. Engaging short videos interspersed with self evaluation tasks supported by downloadable practical exercises and other resources to help you revise and consolidate the learning.
This course is based on a set of learnable skills. It is Biblically based and backed up by a detailed body of research.
WHERE DOES THIS FIT WITH FAITH and WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
After the Prophet Samuel anointed and proclaimed Saul as King over Israel, it records that "Samuel then explained to the people the behaviour of royalty and wrote it in book and laid it up before the Lord." (1 Samuel 10:25)
I believe that partnering with Jesus to see His Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven, is to become more aware of our royal identity and His! Understanding how shame and honor work on our identity and the culture each creates is not only essential, but empowering for change. The Kingdom of Heaven will be marked by honor in our lives and through our lives.
The World's leading Researcher and authority on Shame, Brene Brown says, "We can't pretend this isn't getting in the way. I don't think we can say this is not happening in homes, in the nations we are living in right now. Shame has become part of the landscape and has become worse."
We are not going to build strong healthy counter culture faith communities without building resilience in shame and honor. Communities as with individuals, self destruct under the weight of our complex, demanding world without developing their resilience in the area of shame and who they are as honourable people.
This is essential for your personal and professional development.
This course features easily learned elements supported by practical exercises, all clearly explained by Helen Goatley, Instructor and Consultant.
Helen brings a background in Education to her work which is based on over 20 years experience of helping and inspiring people in many different settings and cultures internationally.
Living Courage is sourced from Anthropological and Sociological research. This is a training course and NOT a Counselling course. It can be helpful for anyone in Life Coaching and the Health Care Sector.
If during this course you come into a deeper awareness of your life journey. We encourage you to courageously seek out the professional help you need to succeed further and bravely own your story and destiny. People who do this are heroes and champions.
What's OK and What is not OK?
It is OK to do this course and use all worksheets with others in your Leadership or Staffing teams, friendship groups or Church groups. We ask that each group member pay for the course themselves. We live by a core value of honor and this is a way to honor the work of the Author and yourself as a learner. We value what we sacrifice for. For me, this is a means of income and a way of supporting the work so I can continue in it. Share, learn, grow and change the world you live in!
It is NOT OK to use any part of this course or it's materials for commercial use. You can not sell it, sell training based on it or create a website redistributing this course or any material from it.
If you are interested in going after more, consider doing another course in this Living Courage Series or our Experiencing the Presence of God Series.
Professional Consultations are also available by contacting Helen or Mark
- Introduction to Building Powerful Shame and Honor Resilience - Shame Permeates Our Lives. This Course Equips You with Skills and Understanding to breakthrough Shame Culture that Caps our Lives and Leadership so We can Successfully Live and Lead Braver FREE PREVIEW
- Before we Begin What Do You Need?
- Why is this Important? One of the GREATEST THREATS to Your Courage, is Shame is Left Unaddressed Individually or Corporately. It will Destroy Courage, Identity, Creativity and Civility with Alarming Speed FREE PREVIEW
- You live in a Changed World! The World has Changed With Dramatic Speed and Everybody is Feeling It. Here we Identify the Markers of a Culture Driven by Shame FREE PREVIEW
- Culture of Shame
- Shame Resilience Begins Here - This Empowering, Practical Lecture gives you an Opportunity to get Freedom from Shame
- Practices of Building Powerful Shame Resilience - Developing Your Self Awareness and Skills for Freedom from Shame
- Practices of Building Shame Resilience Worksheet PDF
- Shame Shields PDF
- The Power of Empathy - One of the Most Sort After and Powerful Skills to Shifting Shame and Building Cultures of Honor
- Developing Your Empathy Exercise - Discovering Your Individual Style of Empathy
- Developing Your Empathy Worksheet
- Lego Person Empathy Downloadable
- You are Worthy of Honor - Anyone can have Courage but it is Honor with Courage that transforms
- What is Honor - The 'Twin Towers' of Honor, Removing Control and Eternal Threats to Cultivate the Freedom of a Culture of Honor
- The Guts of Honor - Vulnerability 'chokes' and Practicing Honor Resilience
- Honor, Reconciliation and Hard Conversations
- Summary of Resilience Practices PDF
- Lego Person Video
- Lego Person Honor Downloadable
- Final Lecture and Help me to Help Others, Your Review Makes a Huge Difference! Hope to see you in the last of the Living Courage e-Series - How to Breakthrough Fear and Master Courage e-Course
- Acknowledgements and FYI Further Reading for Shame and Honor Resilience
- Staying Connected to Your Tribe - e-Courses are one part of learning, the other crucial part is Community FREE PREVIEW
- Certificate of Completion Downloadable
Instructor, Founder, Author and Consultant
About the instructor
Helen Goatley B.A. Dip Ed. Dip Theol
is a dynamic thought provoking, keynote Speaker and Instructor. Helen brings enormous International experience and over 20 years of equipping people to a greater connection with God and for their destiny.
Helen studied at The University of Melbourne, La Trobe University and Melbourne College of Theology. Trained in Leadership at Bethel Church Redding, USA, she brings experience and training in Education, Anthropology and Leadership. Helen has also studied under Dr Brene Brown of University of Houston, USA where she completed Dr Brown's Living Brave Semester, The Wisdom of Story and Self-Compassion Curriculum. Helen has also completed Dare to Lead and Daring Classrooms Curriculum.
* Helen along with her husband Mark, are the Founders and Directors of All4Him The Tabernacle, an International Christian Ministry. They provide Professional Consultancy and Training for Leaders, Christian Communities and organisations. Helen and Mark have lived and founded this organisation in Europe, USA and Australia.
* Helen is the Author and Instructor of the well sort after Living Courage Series and Experiencing the Presence of God Series.
* Helen provides Professional Development training in the Christian, Education and Business sectors.
* Helen has worked with Wycliffe Bible Translators, YWAM and All4Him The Tabernacle. Prior to this, Helen was teaching in the Education Sector in Australia.
* Helen enjoys painting, snow shoeing and music.